About the School for Social Entrepreneurs
We can't fix issues like poverty, climate change and ill-health alone. That's why the School for Social Entrepreneurs exists. SSE helps 1,000 people a year develop the skills, strengths and networks they need to tackle society's biggest problems. It runs courses that equip people to start, scale and strengthen organisations that make a positive difference. But it is not a traditional school. Learning with SSE is inspiring, action-based and accessible. SSE supports people in others ways too, such as funding and mentoring.
What we're looking for
We are looking for three individuals to join SSE's Board of Trustees. We're seeking Trustees that will bring new skills, knowledge and experience to help us fulfil our ambitions and amplify our impact. We're particularly interested in recruiting Trustees that reflect the diversity of the students we support and are representative of the geographic areas we work in.
Who we're looking for
Whilst we welcome applications from all, based on a recent audit of our current board we are particularly interested in applications from people who:
- Are based and have expertise outside of London
- Reflect the diversity of those we support (including D/deaf and disabled people, including those with learning disabilities and non-visible disabilities, people with caring responsibilities, LGBTQ+ people, people from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and people who have lived experience of the social issues that SSE seeks to address)
- Have experience in learning, including digital/blended learning
- Are social entrepreneurs/SSE Fellows with a business operating at scale
- Bring expertise in HR and operations to a growing organisation
- Have experience in marketing or branding
These appointments are an ideal opportunity for somebody with relevant experience who would like to use their talents and skills to contribute to building a better society and be part of an exciting and evolving charity.
If this sounds like you, please apply below along with your CV to receive the full information pack and further details on how to apply.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 12th July 2020.
By applying to this advert your details will be shared both with The SR Group (trading as Frazer Jones) and the School for Social Entrepreneurs.
Privacy policies for both organisations can be found below:
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.