Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with Talent team to support global talent initiatives, including Group and Segment programs, meeting scheduling, materials reproduction and event coordination
- Support core people processes including, for example, Training & Development, Talent reviews, the Employee Engagement Survey
- Provide timely and accurate talent metrics and MI
- Manage, track and record Graduate program rotations in conjunction with L&D Manager
- Process and track invoices through appropriate internal channels
- Track and administer professional qualifications
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Global Head of Talent and the team as required
- Act in accordance with and be an advocate for the company culture.
- Participate and undertake applicable professional, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally) to include attainment of associated qualifications where required
- Ensure company, market and client related documentation is issued (internally and externally) accurately and on time where applicable
- Comply with external and internal regulatory and statutory policies, procedures and regulations
- Operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of overall team and business objectives
- Liaise with relevant and associated areas and groups within the business process to establish, support and maintain business relationships and organizational effectiveness
- Undertake any other duties of a similar nature that the company reasonably requests to be performed that are within the expertise and skills of the jobholder
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.