Senior HR Advisor role - 14-month Maternity Contract. Salary up to £35K
I am delighted to be working with a national charity to help them recruit a Senior HR Advisor on a 14-month contract. This role sits within the Shared Service team, has management responsibility of a team of three HR Officers and reports into the Senior HR Business Partner. The role can be home, or office based in Bristol.
As the Senior HR Advisor, you will lead and manage the team of HR Officers, acting as the point of contact for all escalation queries as well as providing all advice, support, and guidance to the business. The role is very ER focused and you will take responsibility for ensuring case work is managed effectively and dealing with any complex cases that arise.
Main duties will include:
- To be an expert in Employee Relations, disciplinary, performance management, suspension, grievance, sickness absence.
- To coach and advise Central Support managers and leaders on HR related matters to deliver HR change and mitigate people risk.
- To monitor and report on HR metrics for Central Support and deliver sustainable and incremental improvements in HR KPI's
- To escalate Central Support people issues as appropriate to the HR Operational Service Manager or Head of HR
- To mentor, coach and develop all direct reports.
- To conduct cyclical activity such as monthly 1:1's, annual appraisals and activity related to the development of all staff in the team.
- To proactively identify continual improvements to drive efficiencies and service advances. To deliver service improvements from inception to implementation.
- To produce reports and share with relevant stakeholders as agreed with the HR Operational Service Manager.
- To work with the team to ensure that there is a timely response to all incoming HR related queries via telephone, email or face-to face from managers and staff.
- To review and make recommendations for improving Policy and HR process.
To be successful in this role you will have a solid work history of operating as a HR generalist with an expertise within Employee Relations. You will have successfully coached and supported managers in resolving casework and will have the ability to deal with complex cases. Ideally you will have worked within a busy HR department or shared services environment where you have had to work under pressure, high volume case work and at a fast pace. You will demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills along with the ability to plan and prioritise your workload to ensure high standards of delivery and deadlines met. Your positive and pro-active approach will be of a huge benefit when engaging with your stakeholders and leading on HR projects. You will produce accurate, concise, and timely reports and analysis ensuing objectives, KPI's and SLAs are being met. Ideally you will have had team management experience, but this is not essential as training will be given.
If you are available at short notice and want to work for an organisation who pride themselves in what they do please apply now.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.