I'm currently working with a global Financial Services firm in the search for a Senior Employee Relations Advisor (Deputy Head of Employee Relations). This an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded commercial function with excellent career progression.
Working in close partnership with HR Business Partners and reporting to the Regional Head of Employee Relations, you will:
- Proactively manage ER cases across the EMEA region, including disciplinaries, grievances, performance management and involuntary exits (including redundancies) to successful resolution.
- Partner with HR Business Partners, Legal & Compliance and the Regional Head of ER, to assess and mitigate legal, regulatory and reputational risk, whilst supporting the firms inclusive culture.
- Advise on the employee relations impact of organisational change, including workforce reductions and acquisitions, consulting with employee representative bodies as required.
- Support the Regional Head of ER in defining and executing the ER strategy for EMEA and ensuring ER practices and processes support the firms organisational objectives and culture.
- Use the ER case management system to log cases and use the associated data to gather insights, identify trends and develop proactive strategies to remediate risk.
- Interpret, communicate and maintain ER policies, processes and training, ensuring their content is current and fit for purpose.
- Assist in the design and delivery of training to managers, employees and HR partners on relevant ER topics.
- Partner with other Center of Excellence (COE) teams such as Talent Management, Total Rewards and Talent Acquisition on firm-wide HR projects.
- Lead, and contribute to, ER-related projects as necessary
- Strong Financial Services industry experience required, preferably from fund management or investment banking.
- Solid Employee Relations case management and advisory experience and/or HR Business Partner experience focus in ER.
- Sound knowledge of UK and other regional employment law and regulation, and ability to pragmatically apply this knowledge in a commercial environment.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed and results oriented environment. Proven ability to navigate through ambiguity.
- Excellent consultative, coaching and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to influence and articulate complex issues to a diverse range of stakeholders, both in verbally and in writing. Experience building consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Analytical and creative mind-set. Capable of challenging the status quo and flexing solutions to changing demands. Considers the local, regional and global impact of decisions.
- Highly motivated to seek higher levels of performance in self and in others.
- Commitment to the highest standards of excellence and personal integrity.
- Able to independently juggle multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.