- Work with partners, consultants, and other PD Managers to ensure consultants are staffed on teams that meet both client needs and the professional development needs of the individual consultants. Coordinate and communicate with other offices and Practices when necessary.
- Thought partnership to UKIO leadership. Build strong, trust-based relationships with Partners and APs in the local office, particularly those most closely affiliated with the sector(s)/cohort(s) covered by the PD Manager. Enable better decision making on both a tactical (e.g., effective and efficient team formation) and strategic (e.g., longer term sector strategy and people pipeline / initiatives) level.
- Develop and coach individuals, facilitating their professional development. Form a credible professional relationship with each consultant including an in-depth understanding of professional aspirations, experiences, strengths, development needs, and relevant personal circumstances - both on an on-going basis and around a specific engagement. Monitor consultants' development and provide counsel on appropriate assignments, skill development, career progression, and other topics as they arise.
- Manage evaluation and feedback. Manage the consultants' review and evaluation processes, (e.g., semi-annual reviews, upward feedback where relevant, assisting with due diligence on performance) in close cooperation with the respective review committee chairs, DGLs and SAR Coordinator.
- Facilitate training. Ensure consultants receive timely and appropriate training. Participate in review of overall training agenda. Identify and coordinate Firm and Practice trainings or other assistance to meet specific consultant development needs and balance them with client priorities.
- Manage the information flow in the required systems. Coordinate per diem updates, staffing assignments, and input of performance rating, etc., with the PD administrative team. Learn the ePeople and eStaffing tools.
- Work on a variety of strategic and operational projects surfaced by UKIO leadership, the Professional Development community, or other key stakeholders to advance local people strategy and training initiatives. Ensure that the UKIO is helping to drive the Firm's best practices in professional development.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.