Payroll Manager 12 month FTC £75k to £80k + bonus - City
A leading Investment Bank seek an experienced Payroll Manager on a 12 month FTC to head up their payroll function.
Reporting into the Head of People Services this role offers an opportunity to shape and lead a payroll team, drive process change and look to put new controls and frameworks in place to cover risk.
Please note that my client are offering an agile working pattern of 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (with flexibility).
- Overseeing and authorisation for 4 payrolls per month
- Managing technical, complex or unusual queries from the team whilst ensuring the payroll is run efficiently and accurately
- Keeping up to date on payroll legislation to ensure compliance
- Managing the Lloyds account and payments in and out, and authorising payments
- Applying for funding to ensure that we can make our monthly payments
- Overseeing BACs system
- Overseeing various external benefits portals to ensure being used efficiently and as necessary
- Overseeing paper payslips and updating rota
- Providing a service for VIP and complex requests from Directors/Execs
- Ensuring appropriate controls are in place, and actively reviewing these on a monthly basis, and amending to mitigate any potential errors. Updating our operational risk framework, and reviewing as needed
- Ensure processes are clearly documented, and reviewed regularly
- Define and manage payroll timetables/cut-offs, and communicate appropriately
Stakeholder & relationship management:
- First point of contact for Pensions Manager, Benefits manager, Shares Team, People Services and tax teams to implement any changes to processes/systems, and address any issues
- First point of contact with Group Accounts, and ensuring regular reconciliations are in place
- Managing the relationship with the shares team and actively monitoring future deadlines and payroll impacts, particularly tax year end
- Ensuring handoffs with other People teams, especially People Services are clear, and reviewed regularly
- Manage payroll team, including 6 payroll specialists, 1 payroll apprentice, and 2 payroll system specialists; including setting clear goals and objectives
- Ensuring the team is working collaboratively, communicating effectively and delegating roles and workload evenly
- Resource planning for holiday periods, and ensuring team coverage
- Motivating the team and promoting a strong team work ethic
- Encouraging diversity and having regular discussions with the team about how we do this respectfully and in keeping with Investec's values
- Providing mediation for team disputes and using interpersonal skills to bring the team together
- Learning and owning any further new processes, and ensuring that work is allocated appropriately
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.