Learning and Development Manager - High Growth business, brand new role £48-£50k Plus benefits.
An exciting opportunity has been created due to growth of this high growth Energy business based in the City of London. The business is looking to create a L&D Manager role to compliment the small HR team. This is a great time to join the business and really make your mark! This role is stand alone in a small HR team.
Reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner, the role has scope to develop and grow, you will be responsible for creating learning through a blended approach for the corporate functions and business development teams in the UK and worldwide and also be responsible for a much wider range of projects, incentives and ideas as you lead these across the business.
Duties to include:
- The business hasn't had a dedicated L&D Manager previously so this role will really give you the opportunity to set the function up, develop and grow the capability and offerings to the business as well as get involved with projects. There are some items in place but this gives the postholder the opportunity to really make their mark.
- You will be responsible for developing the L&D strategy, liaising with key stakeholders across the business including the UK and Worldwide (mainly the African regions)
- To design and implement a blended learning curriculum, including technical and non-technical training as well as leadership development.
- A blended approach of learning, the role will involve some delivery but also liaising with external providers to train in more technical areas
- Succession planning and talent management, supporting HR with this to develop the skillset and career of existing employees.
Projects to include:
- The D&I strategy; creating a calendar of events, communications to the business, events and statistical reporting, everything D&I related
- Apprenticeship Levy; Assessing solutions that the fund can be used for and assessing internal training and learning
- Engagement survey: This is run 3 times a year, work closely with HR to drive interest amongst managers and take learning objectives from the data to better enhance the business's skill set and learning journey.
- You will have a good solid background in Learning and Development, either gained in L&D Manager roles or at a L&D Senior Advisor level but operating in an autonomous, decision making capacity.
- Experience in the Energy sector is highly desirable, if not, something similar
- You will be confident, a self starter, able to work closely with key stakeholders up to C-Suite level and be confident in your decision making.
- Experience working with a global, high growth business is highly desirable.
- As well as a L&D background, you will also have worked on projects within Diversity and Inclusion, Employee Engagement and will have worked with the Apprenticeship Levy previously.
- You will have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and be IT savvy.
- French and/or Portuguese is highly desirable however not essential
- Ability to understand different environments and cultures is essential
This role will require some travel, possibly two or three times a year.
The role could be considered on a 3 or 4 day week for the right person.
The role also will allow flexibility in home working a couple of times a week if requested.
Please apply online now to be considered.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.