I'm delighted to be supporting a global Commodities Corporation in the search for their interim Head of HR (maternity cover) starting in January 2021 for a 12 month FTC. This global Corporation consists of diversified operations across mining, oil production and agricultural assets across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, North & South America.
The new incumbent will be managing a centralised team of five HR professionals, along with functional responsibility for HR resources embedded in managed assets. Reporting into the Head of Oil & Gas Assets and functionally to the Group Head of HR.
- Responsible for developing and executing asset specific people plans for the current oil asset portfolio, geographically across Brazil, US and South Africa
- HR Lead for business transformation programmes, involving people and organisational design to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of oil asset portfolio business, taking direction from Head of Oil & Gas Assets.
- Participation in due-diligence reporting for potential future acquisitions in the oil asset space
- Leads annual HR cycles, including pay review and performance calibration.
- Both Supports and challenges the senior management team on all aspects of people and organisational development with strong contribution to the business plan, representing an appropriate balance between internal pressures and experience of the employment legal framework.
- Sets the HR framework and metrics for the asset portfolio to ensure that business transformation programmes involving people and organisational design improve the efficiency and effectiveness of each asset.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced HR Leader with strong experience in Oil & Gas/Utilities/Mining/Commodities. International experience is essential with a track record of operating in fast-faced, commercial environments. The new incumbent will be required to handle complex employee relation issues up to tribunal level across international jurisdictions. Ability to influence and negotiate with strong analytical and PowerPoint presentation skills. Workday experience would be beneficial. Strong sense of cultural awareness is critical. Experience of supporting South Africa/Africa would be helpful.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.