For this retail company, you will be providing support on key people processes and enabling managers to make better people decisions. This role has a high level of written and verbal communication internally, key customer group will be -MD's, Heads of Department, First and Second Line Managers in the Benelux market. The role will act as a first line of enquiry and advice for many of these key stakeholders.
You have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Independently driving the HR agenda in the Benelux countries and be solely responsible for the onsite HR support locally to the Benelux countries;
- Drives a best-in-class HR service in line with business needs requirements, support and advises line management and employees;
- Provides credible and commercial people solutions to the Benelux organization;
- Guarantees that all HR processes are effective, efficient and compliant in a complex cross-border setting.
Business Partnering Activities
- Acts as a business partner for the assigned population and provides advice, support on HR matters around the employee life cycle, ensuring the impact of business decisions on people and the organization are always reflected and considered;
- Coaches and guides line management in the provision of credible and commercial solutions for people related organisational matters;
- Support key hiring's in the Benelux market as well as ensuring all colleagues are inducted and onboarded professionally;
- Appropriately influence decisions in order to upskill management population and safeguard the organisation;
- Identifies trends and training needs in employee relations for the business and can propose or deliver training solutions to upskill business managers;
- Drives a practice where line managers take full ownership of their people related issues and can assist in getting the organisation to adopt best practice in all areas of employee management;
- Together with local key stakeholders, provides an overview of key talents within the organizations, ensures managers are enabled to manage their performance and career;
- Responsible for management of all Benelux Retail employee relations matters. Gatekeeper of the case management system and drives consistency and risk management for the organisation;
- Provides escalated employer ER/HR policy advice to all first line managers and for all retail employees and is entirely responsible for the overall ER aspect of the HR Inbox and enquires;
- Drives all updates and amendments in (best) practices, policies and procedures in line with legislation changes and business requirements to ensure legal compliance and safeguarding business;
- Responsible of collective working relations (Trade Union's relations) in the 3 different countries;
- Responsible of the individual (disciplinary procedures) and collective litigations (including coordination with the lawyers) in the 3 different countries;
- Escalates all appropriate legal cases to Head of HR France-Benelux as appropriate where considerable business risk has been identified;
- Is key escalation point for high risk employee relations matters to ensure credible and commercial solutions are actioned in appropriate manner and protect the business as appropriate;
- Oversees training and upskilling of management in areas of people management and employee relations.
HR Operational efficiency
- You will coordinate and give guidance to the resources dedicated to support Benelux Retail employees;
- Secures the integration of new processes, programs, tools services and guarantees compliance with local legislation and labour law;
- Ensure successful implementation of the annual BAU (Business As Usual) processes e.g. Performance Dialogue, Annual Merit Review, STIP, TRSP, etc. in close cooperation with the Global Business Services Hub/spokes team in particular, but not only, related to the global processes such as AMR, STIP, Performance Review, Mid-Year Review, Goal Setting etc. as applicable;
- Liaise closely with the Global Business Services Hub/spokes team to ensure all administrative legal/contractual/compliance issues are completed for Retail employees in the Benelux;
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are applied and that all employees are trained according to security policies and procedures. Set crisis management guidelines and ensure their implementation;
- Secures availability and top-notch quality of data and HR metrics. Provides statistics and data material related to salaries studies, sickness rates, absences, personal productivity and profitability, etc.;
- Ensures all HR activities of the Employee Life Cycle are aligned with business objectives, legal framework and in line with the global HR strategy.
- Strong business acumen and customer orientation. Ability to ensure that mutual goals and performance target are met within the appropriate timeframe;
- Demonstrates ability to staff and develop high performing teams. Ability to identify, develop and promote talents;
- Able to convince, persuade and influence others to make decisions and take action;
- Strong collaborator who can build, develop and maintain credible business relationships at all levels;
- Plans and organizes in a way that tasks and activities are delivered on time, considering potential bottle-necks.
- Understands when to involve decision makers to accelerate decisions;
- ± 4-5 years of experience in a similar role within a progressive HR Department (10 years experience in HR, with progressive increase in responsibility);
- Language skills: fluency in Dutch, French and English;
- Excellent working/practical knowledge of Dutch, Belgium and Luxembourg employment law;
- Experience in Retail is a must
- Matrix-organization savvy;
- Proficient coach and mentor and excellent project and change management skills;
Location: Amsterdam (Frequent travelling throughout the Benelux region and travelling to Paris is required).
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.