HR Director, PE backed SME,
Based either Oxford OR London office (2 days week the rest at home)
£100,000 - £120,000
An exciting opportunity to join a Private Equity backed, International, 80 person (and growing) business with exciting plans for the future and a great purpose being an ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) company.
This role will be fully responsible for the strategy of the HR and people function of the business, reporting into the CEO and being part of the Executive Leadership Team, you will manage a team of 2 and develop the HR function as well as oversee the wider strategy working closely with the Private Equity company
You will have flexibility around your working pattern, this organisation has an office in both central Oxford and London (Paddington) you will be required to work from either office to suit your circumstances and it is preferred 2 - 3 days a week with flexibility as business needs require
- Reporting the CEO driving the HR strategy forward and being creative, presenting ideas, forward planning
- Supporting a high performance culture through organisational design and succession planning to ensure talent is retained, developed and recognised.
- Working closely with the CEO, Leadership team and PE backers to develop and execute the business's 5 year strategy
- Manage and guide the HR team to support you in the day to day delivery of everything HR. Building the team as the business needs require (currently 2 direct reports)
- Coach and advise the SLT and senior managers to develop and support their respective parts of the business
- Working closely with a recently merged business in the USA and providing full HR support
- Support the expansion into new countries across Europe, Africa, South America and further afield with everything HR related
- Working with stakeholders to support through future mergers and acquisitions.
- Work closely with the PE investors, present and produce reports etc
- Lead on all internal communications, employer branding, projects including D&I and wellbeing
Skills and Experience
- You will be a driven, experienced HR Director with strong experience working for businesses backed by Private Equity investors
- Ideally you'll have both large company as well as start up / scale up SME growth, but you will especially have an SME background
- Experience supporting international entities, including the USA and Europe
- You will be a high achiever, enjoy working at pace and in an ever changing and exciting environment that has an exciting path ahead
- Excellent understanding of employment law and HR legislation, ideally UK and US but other jurisdictions highly useful
- Experience driving the HR agenda forward including the full employee lifecycle, reward, engagement, D&I, wellbeing and culture
- CIPD Level 7, MCIPD or FCIPD qualified or equivalent experience
If you are keen to be considered please apply online
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.