About the Organisation
Our client is a charitable organisation supporting adults with learning disabilities, autism, mental health and other support needs. Their collaborative outlook on the business, allows their employees to thrive within the company and deliver the best service for their clients.
The client is looking for an HR and Office Manager to join their Human Resources department and assist in covering all aspects of human resources management. This role will predominately ensure all general HR processes are handled in a timely fashion and provide comprehensive support to the wider HR team.
Within this role, you will be in charge of several responsibilities including but not limited to.
- Working closely with line managers to understand and implement the policies and procedures of the firm
- Monitoring adherence to HR processes and provide a quarterly report to the Board of Trustees around key HR metrics.
- Recruiting and on-boarding staff and volunteers, ensuring applicants are managed accordingly
- Working with the Chief Finance and Operating Officer to oversee the management of the firm's multiple sites, conducting risk assessments, ensuring relevant building management and health and safety compliance
- Arranging staff cover, ensuring that all sites are properly staffed and ready for the delivery of their services
- Completing first aid training and overseeing the team of staff first aiders to ensure their training is up to date
- Participating in HR and Safety committee meetings, which are held four times a year in the evenings. Provide the administration and minute taking for the meetings.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills, experience, and knowledge in order to succeed in this role.
- Relevant generalist HR experience and a good understanding of HR best practice
- Familiarity with working within a fast-paced environment, working across a variety of departments
- Experience with recruitment and on-boarding of staff
- Understanding of health and safety management and overseeing building maintenance is desirable but not a prerequisite
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Office
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to timeframes efficiently
- Discretion and a good understanding of and adherence to rules and principles of data protection and confidentiality
- Commercial awareness and ability to evaluate people risk
- Proven track record of managing and resolving competing priorities
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.