This leading law firm based in the City is looking for a HR Advisor to join its HR team. Forming part of a wider team, the HR function enables the business to exceed its objectives by providing the right people at the right time.
It is a dynamic and vibrant team, covering the full spectrum of HR activity. As they have embedded further within the business, so their contribution and success has grown, they now require a HR Advisor to help support ongoing activities and new projects within the business.
- Working closely with line managers, demonstrating a solid understanding of the business requirements, translating these into workable solutions that meet (and enhance) their needs
- Coach and support line managers in their development of people management and leadership skills
- Become a trusted advisor to line managers, successfully influencing change and best practice approaches in all people activities
- Manage employee relations casework applying relevant guidance/policies and procedures in a commercial and practical way
- Coach line managers in dealing with under performance
- Lead investigations and conduct hearings for disciplinary and grievance processes
- Manage maternity, shared parental leave and paternity cases
- Manage capability issues and occupational health cases
- Conduct exit interviews and report on findings
Recruitment and On-boarding
- Assist line managers with reviewing and assessing their recruitment needs in line with budget and headcount aims
- Help run the approvals process for replacement and new hires, creating business cases for review by the Recruitment Authorisation Committee
- Work closely with the Recruitment Advisor, providing support with the recruitment and selection process when required, for example helping to define a role profile, preparing interview questions and attending interviews
- With HR colleagues, manage the induction, always looking for ways to improve the induction experience
- Lead and manage the integration of new joiners
- Analyse new joiner feedback at the 10-week stage, proposing process efficiencies where necessary ensuring that any recommended improvements are actioned appropriately
- Check early stage performance with the appropriate line managers and act on any probation concerns accordingly
Projects, Policies and Processes
- Support the HR Manager with processes such as evaluation and compensation
- Play a lead role in moderation meetings for both evaluation and compensation processes
- Drive participation in Firm-wide programmes including performance evaluation and engagement surveys
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align employees with the Firm's strategic goals
- Support change management processes and proactively share best practice
- Take a lead role in reviewing process efficiencies, working with HR Operations to streamline existing ways of working
- Oversee the HR/Payroll interface for monthly payroll regarding Business Services employees
- Support the HR Manager with headcount management reviews taking ownership of outcomes and helping to drive these forward with relevant stakeholders
- Monitor and review HR policies and processes and recommend changes where necessary
The successful candidate will have gained some experience within professional services but also had exposure to other sectors. You will come from a solid HR generalist background with an interest in ER. You will be part or fully CIPD qualified with exceptional organisational and communication skills.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.