I am working exclusively with a global retail client who is seeking a Head of US Payroll for their rapidly expanding brand. This position will lead and grow the department and be responsible for internal stakeholder management and communications across the US. It will be a unique combination of highly strategic and operational hands-on work.
We are looking for a creative leader with strong experience in payroll oversight, scaling and implementation. Previous experience working with diverse teams across multiple US states is a necessity, as is someone who embraces change and the chance to execute it. This is a very exciting time to stamp your identity on this growing international brand and play a critical role in its ongoing development.
On offer is a very strong package, hybrid working conditions and a culture that will both welcome you and allow you the freedom and autonomy to take on this unique challenge.
Main function of role:
- Lead and grow payroll department to ensure that company payroll requirements are met.
- Strategically plan for payroll department resource needs to support US business growth strategy.
- Scale payroll operation practices to support new and existing business while ensuring controls are met.
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of payrolls.
- Ensure that the company is compliant on local and national legislation.
- Identify resource requirements for the delivery of payroll services including recruitment for payroll department.
- Scale setup of payroll function ensuring that the company's timelines for new store openings are met.
- Lead and manage the activities of the payroll team.
- Take responsibility for payroll preparation/processing and any related responsibilities such as tax reporting, payroll systems administration, and maintenance including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and oversee third party payroll tax services.
- Collaborate with functional department leads to align strategic and tactical plans to support US business growth objectives.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers including developing relationships with key customers and ensure that service delivery is customer focussed.
- Ensure that efficiencies and improvements to systems, set up and interfaces are maintained.
- Pursue policy of continuous improvement ensuring the efficient operation of the company's payroll function.
- Ensure that reporting needs within the company are met.
- Liaise with Technology team on any systems integration issues and enhancement requirements.
- Ensure that financial outputs fit the company financial structure including dealing with enquiries on financial reports and transfer journals.
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Support growth in the company including taking responsibility for any additional new countries (e.g. Canada).
If you're interested in this opportunity, please apply and reference ID#JKPR/208252. If you're already acquainted with our firm and working with one of our recruiting consultants, please contact that individual directly to discuss this opportunity referencing job #JKPR/208252. Otherwise, we look forward to receiving your application. Please note that our client will not provide visa sponsorship nor relocation for this role.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.