about 1 month ago
This pivitol role is to ensure the WH&S framework and safety management systems continue to meet relevant WH&S legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice.
Preparing and delivering timely and relevant WH&S reports to the Executive Committee and Directors that incorporates key leading and lag WHS risk indicators and statistics to measure and monitor Group and Business Unit performance
Critically you will continually champion a change management process of enhancing the WHS framework and supporting systems and policies that are externally recognised as operating at industry best practice.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Providing strategic and operational consulting support to the Executive Committee and Business Unit leaders to with regard to the implementation and operationalising of the WHS Risk Management framework and the selection and oversight of external contractors providing WHS services to the Group and its properties.
- Coordination and management of the WH&S budget and forecasts.
- Responsible for continued development and embedding of the Group's IT based Safety Management platform and associated systems and reporting
- Implementing and maintaining AS/NZ4801 accreditation
- Ensure internal and external stakeholders maintain an efficient and robust WH&S vendor and contractor compliance and access system that ensures compliance with the required WH&S standards
- Partnering the Asset Management team in ensuring external facility / property managers and contractors continue to meet both the Group's and regulatory WH&S obligations in line with documented service level agreements.
- Point of contact with relevant WH&S authorities, with responsibility for the timely notification and management of notifiable incidents per the relevant state legislation
- Partnering with the People team with ongoing initiatives relating to employee safety including the timely tracking and reporting of relevant employee data (such as Loss of Time Injuries, Lost Time Days, Significant injuries, etc), and the implementation of the corporate WH&S framework (including work from home arrangements and Return to Work management)
Technical Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in implementing, managing and refining safety and environmental management systems, preferably in a complex diverse industry sector;
- Proven ability to communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels across an organisation in-order both to maintain compliance and drive best practice outcomes relating to Safety, Environment, Health and Wellbeing;
- Solid experience in the Management of all aspects of Workers' Compensation, Injury Management and Return-to-Work portfolio with a focus on pro-active injury management;
- A relevant Health & Safety tertiary qualification (Diploma or higher);
Importantly you will be an accomplished leader and motivator of employees with the ability to provide sound solutions. You are confident, articulate and a natural relationship builder.
This role is highly confidential
Please email your CV to Michele Beale or have a confidential discussion on 03 86108450.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.frazerjones.com.au
Frazer Jones is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.