- Head of Administration and HR Manager (Regional)
- Asia-leading private equity firm
- Salary: Competitive (up to SGD$100,000 to 170,000)
- Location: Singapore
About the Company
Our client is a private equity firm with market presence in Asia Pacific region. This is a fast-paced and engaged business with high professionalism. The firm is now establishing a new regional office in Singapore, the business will be up and running in early 2020. This is really exciting as you will have an opportunity to set this up!
About the Role
This Head of Administration and HR Manager role has been created to support a growing business. You will take charge in setting up the Singapore office from scratch and oversee the administration of 3 other regional offices in APAC. You will have a direct report to support you in HR Administration.
Your responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Office Management
- Office management
- Calendar management of the 2 most senior Managers
- Building maintenance
- Negotiation with external vendors
2. HR Management
- Overseeing a HR team of 4 (It is likely to grow as the company grows)
- Refreshing and reviewing policies across Asia
- Upskill the HR team from an operational delivery function to a strategic function
- HR operations: Ensure a streamlined and accessible HR service for the business, enhance existing processes, reduce business' time on admin
- Recruitment - Assisting in strategic recruitment needs.
- Talent, development & training: Induction, retention, engagement, enhance skill gaps within the company, and attraction tool, continuous development
- Employee Relations: Ensure legal requirements are met and best practices are adhered to, reduce risk and potential cost to the business and brand, ensure processes and policies and the employee handbooks are updated and in line with local legislation
- Employee engagement: Undergoing employee engagement survey to feedback to management and action plan, focus on employee wellbeing
- Ensuring the business has a consistent process in place for handling absence and employee relations matters.
- Ensuring the work is split evenly across the team
3. HR Strategy
- Supporting Senior leaders to get the best out of their people
- Advise on employment legislation across Asia (Legal Counsel is available, but you will need to have a good baseline understanding)
- Upskill leaders in having difficult conversation, leadership, performance and absence management
- Compensation & Benefits: Benchmarked for the region to attract and retain talent and remain competitive, ensure equity
- Recruitment: Consolidate the PSL & save hiring costs, access talent quicker, act as a point of contact for candidates, track costs, improve time to hire, undertake the culture fit assessment for the firm, ensure hires are made within the firm's culture and values
- Setting up learning opportunities for business to access
Payroll is run by Finance.
Essential: 15-20 years of experience in office management and HR. Excellent communication, able to work independently. You will have high emotional intelligence, and able to speak to senior management in a consultative approach.
Desirable: Experience in setting up a new office, people management, and the ability to communicate in Mandarin / Cantonese are advantageous
Benefits: Desirable bonus and standard medical benefits.
Remarks: Travel as and when required across Asia. The induction will be hosted in Hong Kong for 3-4 weeks.
Thanks for your time. Please reach out to Cherry if you would like to discuss this role, or are open to other HR opportunities and want to discuss the market.
Successful Referrals are rewarded - so share their details with us!
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.