Employee Relations Specialist - 6 month contract - Edinburgh
A leading global fintech business is in the market for an Employee Relations Specialist for an initial period of 6 months based in Edinburgh.
This newly signed off role is an exciting opportunity to join a business going through a period of change.
In this role you will work as part of the ER centre of expertise as a primary point of contact for business leaders and HR business partners on matters relating to performance management, disciplinary, grievance, investigatory and redundancy.
- The ER Specialist is responsible for the following advisory and delivery competencies:
- Provide guidance to managers about performance management issues and conduct investigations for all complex and escalated issues, or those representing significant risk to the organization.
- Partner with ER lead, Business Managers, Legal and HRBP's to provide resolutions for escalated or complex issues and concerns. Works with HR Business Partners, as needed, to resource and resolve ER issues.
- Develop and implement employee relations policies, procedures and guidelines, working with HR Policies and Compliance function, including discipline, grievances and complaints.
- Ensure consistent execution of performance management, disciplinary, grievance and investigatory matters by monitoring and reviewing formal documentation requirements and strategies for responding to ER inquiries.
- Develop standard approach with the ER lead for managing complex, ambiguous, and/or escalated ER issues. Determine when to escalate cases to the relevant HR Business Partner and ER lead.
- Assist with ER reporting; analyse data, identify trends, work with the HRBP's and ER lead to recommend solutions.
- Communicate and ensure understanding by managers and employees of relevant laws, regulations, and organizational policies and answer non-standard questions by managers and employees as needed.
- Conduct needs assessment, design, and deliver employee relations training for supervisors in partnership with T&OD.
In order to be considered for this role my client is looking for someone with in-depth experience of ER case management in the UK and desire to expand this to other EMEA jurisdictions.
You must be competent at conducting investigations and drafting outcome letters and investigation reports.
You may have worked as an HR generalist previously and moved to specialise in employee relations, alternatively you may be a generalist but the vast majority of your role is ER case work.
Either way, if you have the business acumen and background to undertake a role of this nature send your CV to Frazer Jones today.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.