Overall purpose of role
- The role holder will support the ER and Change strategic delivery model for COO and Functions.
- The role holder will advise on the interpretation and application of ER policy, consultation strategies and management of the relationship with elected union and employee representatives for their business area.
- The role holder will apply ER judgement to complex ER cases.
- The role holder will be required to manage change programmes across COO and Functions.
- Support and drive the HR workstream for change programmes such as restructuring, LEE transfers, outsourcing, in sourcing, new site set up, across COO and Functions and across our global locations leveraging in country HRBP, ER and other specialist HR functions as required.
- Develop appropriate consultation/negotiation strategies to facilitate major business change initiatives
- Ensure consultation decks are fit for purpose and submitted within required timeframes
- Lead consultation with Unite/Employee Forum and provide regular updates throughout the project life cycle
- Conduct due diligence including analysis of impacted populations
- Support the preparation of project communications, 1:1 collateral and other templates
- Provide advice on high risk and complex cases including Whistleblowing issues and complaints
MI Insight and Analytics
- Interpret and analyse data from ER Direct and other sources to provide insights from DC&G trends to key stakeholders
Upskilling and Training
- Build and maintain specialist knowledge in Employment Law or new Policy and ensure key stakeholders are informed of these changes
- Train and develop relevant managers/HR in the methodologies and techniques and best practice in Change Management.
- Provide specialist advice to line managers on complex matters that arise during the change process.
- Develop and deliver workshops and course support to upskill line managers, Client Aligned HRBPs and Employee Relations Change Advisors
The role holder will become a trusted subject matter expert, establishing and maintaining ER change stakeholder relationships with the business, other Centres of Excellences and HRBPs
Decision Making and Problem Solving
The role requires extensive analytical and investigative skills to provide advice on change projects and complex cases. The role holder will need to be aware of the various consultation and reporting cycles and be able to gather and interrogate data for ER reports. A mature pragmatic approach to problem solving is needed using all inputs available.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Experience of leading large scale/multiple change programmes and managing the people implications of in/outsourcing, restructuring, offshoring, mergers and acquisitions, disposals and RIFs
- Practical generalist experience gained in an HR function advising Line Managers on a day to day basis on complex ER issues in a commercial and pragmatic way
- Possess an understanding of issues affecting Employee Relations internally, e.g. legal restrictions, union issues, etc
- Experience of leading Union/works council consultations
- A good understanding of current employment legislation
- Project management, change management and stakeholder management skills
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience of delivering change programmes outside the UK
- Experience of working in a highly matrixed organisation
- Solid appreciation of the importance of recognising cultural and geographic sensitivities
- Excellent analytical and data skills, including intermediate use of Excel
- Using effective communication skills to ensure customers understand our message and the actions / recommendations that should be followed to resolve an issue.
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Logical decision-making, effective listening, clarity of thought and utmost professionalism
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.