This leading international firm based in the City is looking for an Early Career Programme Manager. Responsible for a large intake of graduates this is a highly visible role across the firm that will see you working across key offices advising and managing the programme side of the Graduate piece. The firm is looking for a solid Graduate Programme Manager who has experience of working at senior level who understands how a large organisation student population operates.
· Ownership & project management of operations for student inductions from proposal to delivery stage in conjunction with other functional programme managers to ensure that any changes of requirements, including fluctuation of numbers or start dates are met. Work with the relevant Business Learning Partners to ensure that specific technical requirements are met
· Build & maintain strong cross functional and firm wide relationships coordinating and aligning the programme objectives drawing on robust negotiation and influencing skills to resolve conflicts and only escalating issues to firm wide lead and/or Performance Leaders as required.
·Responsible for project managing a number of Academy projects in agreement with the firm wide Student Programme and Academy lead
· Manage Vacation Programme, implement processes such as Passport and graduate offers and work with the business to support continuous improvement and development of the programme
· First escalation point of contact for all student issues within function, only further escalating those necessary to firm wide lead
· Take lead on business/headcount planning for the function to ensure sufficient challenge to student numbers for the next cycle
· Consistently reviewing student programme projects, driving change where appropriate to support the continuous improvement of the student programmes
· Hold regular meetings across the function to keep them updated on the recruitment pipeline for their cohort and to understand any challenges that may have an impact on both the current year's starters and the programme going forward.
· Manage day to day programme expectations, delivery commitments and conflicting priorities, escalating where necessary
· Manage communications plan in consultation with the firm wide lead and the wider programme managers, including messages to the existing student population, new joining students and key business contacts.
· Take ownership of any changes to the business to ensure that marketing literature, including web content, is reflective and any messaging to students both in the business and those in the recruitment pipeline is accurate
· Work with student recruitment to manage the recruitment pipeline of candidates including taking responsibility to communicate any fluctuation in target numbers from the business and any knock-on effect of this change such as the allocations of students within the teams
· Manage the pre-Onboarding & development of pre-Onboarding materials with student volunteers including the student magazine/app and pre-onboarding events
· Work with the resource contacts to understand current utilisation, nuances within teams, student placements into different teams and ensure onboarding information. including any training booked, is correct and provided in a timely manner
· Manage the pre-onboarding and onboarding process to ensure a smooth process and any identified improvements from previous year are actioned. This includes ensuring that all students arrive at the Induction with all necessary equipment such as laptops, etc.
· Work with wider UK Learning team, the firm wide lead and the business to identify appropriate training for induction to ensure students are confident and business ready from the first day they commence in the business
· Point of contact for all issues relating to qualifications and escalate to firm wide lead where appropriate, this also includes communicating numbers for each qualification and location, including any changes during the recruitment cycle
· HR and legal representative at moderation meetings with regard to qualification termination, in line with training policy
· Design and present on behalf of student programmes/Academy/wider UK Learning at events such as vacation induction, student induction, pre-onboarding and Launchpad
· Support the business with initiatives or activities to build sense of community
· First point of contact for all functional students for programme related issues & queries. First point of contact for function for the wider UK Learning, recruitment, HR with regard to everything relating to the student population
Along with the above you will also manage the functional recruitment trackers using knowledge of the programmes and working closely with Recruitment & resourcing teams to ensure that all essential information is correct and updated and shared with relevant teams.
Ensuring training records are updated in line with requirements dictated by each institute.
Interpreting trends and identifying potential recruitment issues from recruitment reporting and escalating issues where appropriate and be able to provide robust commentaries to support the data using knowledge of the capabilities supported and historic programme knowledge.
Manage the team allocation of students within the programmes, taking into consideration preferences, any relevant past experience and specific skills that are sought within the teams. On a continual basis through the duration of the recruitment process deal with changes to target numbers and deferrals
Review & provide business people to support the recruitment process. Manage & continually review the 'post offer' process including suggestions of changes when appropriate.
The business is looking to meet solid Managers ideally from a commercial corporate environment with a proven background in the early careers programme space.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.