Australia HR & Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Salary Guide & Market Trends Report 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has ushered in an era of uncertainty and upheaval, triggering changes in the working lives and wellbeing of all. The pandemic has not only brought on devastating health impacts and economic turmoil, it has also created substantial change across the business landscape.
During unprecedented times, companies rely on their HR departments to help navigate crises and outline a path to the other side.
The 2020 Frazer Jones Salary Survey has revealed useful insights into HR & HSE professional's remuneration including salaries, bonuses, and benefits, as well as levels of job satisfaction and employee tenure. The survey also exposed some interesting trends across industry sectors, experience levels, and age groups.
By means of introducing this report, below is a short extract of some of the key insights.
1. Retention of talent remains a challenge
- With nearly 40% of respondents changing their employer in the 12 months prior to the pandemic, talent retention is still a significant concern for many organisations
- More than 90% of respondents said they have been in their role 4 years or less and the data shows a significant drop after the 2-4 year mark – and the numbers continue to drop considerably after that.
2. Benefits are key to attracting the best talent
- Going into 2020, 70% of companies were offering flexible working as their key benefit However, due to the changes to remote and flexible working brought on by COVID-19, candidates are now looking for more valuable benefits to enhance their total remuneration including additional leave, additional superannuation, and health insurance benefits
We invite you to download the complete report by filling in the form below, or for an in-depth discussion on any of the material in the report please contact one of our Frazer Jones consultants today.